The Shimano Triathlon shoe SH-TR5 is designed to quicken transitions and optimize power.
Secure Fit and Durability
- T1-Quick strap and extra-wide collar simplifies foot entry and quickens transitions
- Asymmetrical heel loop makes it easier to get your finger through the loop to quickly secure the shoe during transitions
- 3D breathable mesh for optimal ventilation
Maximum Power Transfer
- Light weight glass fiber reinforced nylon sole
- Adaptable Cup Insole
- SPD-SL and SPD cleat compatibility
Please note: These shoes are quite small. We recommend trying one size larger than usual.
Shimano Dynalast: creating pedaling efficiency
Optimized shoe last
The toe-spring section of a cycling shoe plays a key role in supporting efficient pedaling. Too high, and it causes increased tension in the plantar, calf, and hamstring muscles. Too low, and you get a bowlegged, inefficient pedaling form. Extensive research by Shimano's R&D experts has produced a superior shoe last design with an optimized toe-spring section that promotes a smoother, more energy-efficient upstroke. Built based on feedback from pro riders, Shimano Dynalast helps reduce energy loss on long rides, letting you keep more in the tank for that final sprint to the line.
Cut braking loss with more efficient pedaling
Braking loss is the unwanted loss of power that occurs between the crank angles of 200｡ and 360｡ in the backspin direction of a pedal stroke. Shoes incorporating Shimano Dynalast help to reduce braking loss by promoting smoother, more efficient pedaling. If you want to reduce fatigue, get the most out of your legs, and go the extra mile, ride Shimano Dynalast.